The High School Music Starz is a Ghana Music Awards Foundation initiative, designed to shine light on talented high school students, who are looking to start a career in music. Its purpose is to offer a safe guide and industry mentorship to young student musicians, in order to help develop and maximise their musical talents.
The platform offers senior high schools the opportunity to push their favourite school stars to the lime light through nominations. The high school student musician with the most nominations, striking star qualities and good artistry, will be shortlisted, evaluated and adjudged winner.
Who will emerge as the most promising young artiste?
– Hash tag the your favourite high school music artiste, and hashtag #VGMA21HighSchoolStarz
– Artiste with the most nominations will be shorted listed
– The best nominees will be evaluated based on their star qualities and artistry.
– The winner will be declared
– A VIP Treat at the main awards night of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
– Professional production of a song
– Mentorship session with an ace producer/ music figure
– A visit to a Ghanaian music studio of choice
– Tuesday, 14th April, 2020
The Music Educator Award
The Music Educator Award is a Ghana Music Awards Foundation Initiative, designed to honour exceptional music educators within the schools. This initiative seeks to throw light on teachers who have impacted students musically, and have gained admiration from their peers, students and parents. These will be honoured with a plaque and cash prize.
To this end, the secretariat of the Ghana Music Awards Foundation is opened to nominations / recommendations from the public, of any of such exceptional music educators, in any part of the country. For each nomination/ recommendation, we will require the following:
- name of nominee,
- school of nominee,
- why the nominee deserves to be honoured,
- a contact number of the nominee,
- and contact details of the person making the submission.
Kindly make submission via email: email@example.com
Nomination deadline: Tuesday 14 April, 2020.